IQ + EQ = LOL

It is not a character issue. I am not lazy. I am very conscientious. I have a problem finishing projects. In the past, I would chalk it all up to being Bipolar. Yeah, that it is the depression held me back. Oh yeah, and the mania kept me from focusing. The anxiety put me in fear mode - so, I was scared of what may happen and become of me. Why start and try to finish something when I was invariably not going to finish because I would only end up killing myself. 

Bullshit! I say! When I was well and high functioning I got a lot done. The best way to come out of a depression is to help someone else. What is the best way to do that - write something, something meaningful that will touch someone - somehow! While a beautiful song that touches my heart and others and that pulls me out of a funk - is very helpful.

Someone once told me that I was “Lazy with my art”. I don’t feel that is the case. Thinking about emotions or having feelings about your thoughts is the best or worst place to be because you are at the epi-center of your being.

Things come up that you had not thought of in years and then the emotions coming rushing in. 

I believe after all these years that it is the third part of the holy trinity of the sovereignty of self is - Will (or the call to heal and improve). The first two being 1. Thinking (or mind) and 2. Feeling (or heart).

They say where there is a will there is away. But, we get in our own way by overthinking or dwelling on negative emotions. That is when we use our will to leverage and to lift ourselves out of the mire and muck of self-denial and self-sabotage so that we can see what success truly looks like (an expansion of our happiness).  

Then we can stand upon newly acquired ground with a new or re-established purpose and advance into the person we were destined to become.

JEFF TURNBULL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TRIBALISM WILL SURELY KILL US ALL

GET BACK TO NORMAL? - WHAT THE F*CK!

TREATING THE SYMPTOMS NOT THE CAUSE.