HIGHER & HIGHER ANXIETY

Life is hard enough without any further difficulties. Those who struggle with a brain disorder, depression and anxiety have an even harder time because besides dealing with the rough terrain of the every day, we - all of us have an added degree of difficulty. We have an unhinged person in the oval office. Whatever your political leanings, he is making an unstable world that much more tedious to navigate.

Personally, I have a hard time finding a way of tuning this craziness out. I am a Humanist and an Optimist, but I do not understand how someone people actually are ok with this and support this person. I care about children at the border, the environment, the LGBTQ community, equal pay for women, Pro-Choice, the poor, the unemployed, increasing the minimum wage, etc.. call me a bleeding-heart liberal if you must. I care what happens to this world. 

In the meantime, I struggle to keep a job to pay my bills and take care of those who rely on me while I am trying to create a company where I can work for myself as I help people like me who are Neuro-divergent. Why? Because I want to help others and have independence and a sense of mission and a purpose as opposed to selling this or that for Corporate America.

So, yes there is a sense of anxiety in my day today. But, it is building as the world that was moving somewhat in the right direction takes a hard right turn back to the 50's. The land and home of the brave is populated with cowards in the Senate where they kowtow to a craven madman. The world is becoming more and more dystopian by the day. Did we not learn anything from George Orwell or Aldous Huxley? 

Because I am an Optimist and a Humanist and I believe in Humankind's latent potential, I will continue to do my part, because that's all I can do, to care, share and help point the way to a better tomorrow.

JEFF TURNBULL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TRIBALISM WILL SURELY KILL US ALL

GET BACK TO NORMAL? - WHAT THE F*CK!

TREATING THE SYMPTOMS NOT THE CAUSE.