Delicate Flower grows to be a Supple Reed.




When I was young a friend referred to me as a delicate flower because I appreciated the simple beauties that life had to offer.  I grew up a sensitive child, and later would be called an over sensitive adult.  In time the delicate flower grew to be a strong yet supple reed.

I learned not to let life wilt me, or snap me like a twig.  After many trials and tests, I learned to know when to bend, and give, and yield to the circumstances that life would present.

I had a poet’s soul.  I spent my childhood in my head, in my room, or alone in the park, or in the woods.  I adored animals, the natural world and felt in tune with the rhythms of the wind, and weather.  I had few friends and seldom ventured far from my room when I needed companionship.  That I found in books.

I read Jules Verne, H.G. Wells, and the Encyclopedia Britannica that my father bought when I was very young.  Through those volumes, I could explore the world, the human body, outer space and beyond.  Who needs to leave the house when one has all that knowledge at your fingertips?

I was fascinated with ancient Roman and Greek mythology.  I would study those stories to know what I needed to know about why man behaves the way he does.  I had a picture bible that I read a lot too.  I found it an interesting collection of stories as odd if not more so then the mythology I loved so much.  Later it was Norse mythology and the conflict between those families of supposed super-beings I found intriguing. To me the real heroes were those brave pioneers walking on the surface of the moon.

In time as I grew older, I came to love the adventures of one Sherlock Holmes and his cohort Dr. Watson.  Also, at that time I fell into the melancholy that is Edgar Allan Poe.  I read a lot.  It was an escape for me.  I had a rich and colorful interior landscape and I always felt no one understood me, and that I was alone in my existence.  I felt that I felt like no else.

Now, I know that was not the case.  That is why I am using my vast skills to share what I now know – that we introverts have hidden strengths and inner reserves of fortitude that if allowed to surface and come to bare will change the world as we know it.  I am calling this awareness – INTROVERSION 2.0

Jeff Turnbull   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TRIBALISM WILL SURELY KILL US ALL

GET BACK TO NORMAL? - WHAT THE F*CK!

TREATING THE SYMPTOMS NOT THE CAUSE.